Monday, November 22, 2010

Do Not Lose Heart

"Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart." (2 Corinthians 4:1)

I have three questions for you if you are currently going through a very tough ministry challenge:

Do you have a ministry?
Has God shown you mercy?
Then why are you losing heart?

When you go through the trials of ministry, be it problems or people, the natural outcome is that you begin to lose heart. Is that happening to you? Are any of the following statements a bulls-eye for describing you at this point in your ministry life?

I don't look forward to going into the office!
I lack the joy I once had in ministry!
I feel like a ministry failure!
My ministry trials are affecting my eating!
My ministry trials are affecting my sleeping!
I feel depressed, anxious and fearful!

Now let's go back to the original three questions:

Do you have a ministry? If the answer is yes, then this is God's calling on your life, at least for now. You are serving Him.

Has God shown you mercy? I once heard mercy defined as "God's ministry to the miserable." Can you see the fingerprints of God ministering to you?

If the answer to both of these questions is "YES," then the third question becomes almost rhetorical, "Why are you losing heart?" If God has given you a ministry today and has shown you His mercy today - then respond by serving Him today with all of your heart!

God's MINISTRY + God's MERCY = God's MOTIVATION

feel free to leave a comment or email me at skdistler@gmail.com

No comments: